Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
The New Ventures Marketplace team’s mission is to develop a world-class restaurant marketplace for consumers to easily discover exceptional restaurants / meals and provide restaurants with a more effective customer acquisition channel that helps them thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
In this roll, you will be in a unique position to solve interesting UX challenges, drive and execute our visual design, and have a prominent voice in product strategy. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a rockstar visual designer who wants to build and shape new products working alongside a highly collaborative and talented team.
- Lead design efforts for a New Ventures team
- Rapidly develop user flows and wireframes for new products, features and enhancements
- Create clean, high fidelity comps and visual design assets that will be used in production
- Collaborate with team members to solve business objectives via user-centric design solutions
- Work closely with development team to ensure that designs are implemented to design specifications
- Total commitment to being a great teammate
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 4+ years of experience as a UI designer, visual/digital/web designer, or art director, preferably with a consumer web/mobile background
- Skills in color palette construction, typographic refinement, iconography, sketching, illustration, photography, and infographics
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your pixel perfect designs
- Strong expertise using applications such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, InVision and other relevant design tools, producing rapid deliverables in an organized, consumable manner
- Highly conceptual thinker in both visual and interaction design
- Able to flourish and self-prioritize across multiple projects in fast-paced, collaborative work environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Actively follow latest visual design and user experience best practices and trends
- Exceptional attention to detail
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.