Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most results-oriented brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we are one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as noted by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking a Senior UX Researcher to identify and define the ideal user experience for the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line. We are looking for innovators; professionals with a dedicated belief in the power of UX to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for sophisticated and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a hardworking team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy and demanding group. You and the team are responsible for delivering outstanding applications in a fast-paced, agile environment.Responsibilities
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects and execute against them
- Communicate and translate research insights into meaningful recommendations that inform design and implementation
- Prepare study plans, moderator’s guides, and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Analyze, synthesize, and report the results from research studies with teams and key partners
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants matching our personas using internal contacts, customer relationships, social media, and local events
- Moderate user research, including usability studies, competitive tool analyses, and diary studies
- Refine existing personas and goal:needs decompositions to advise product and design decisions
- Partner with our UX designers to define, test, and iterate on design concepts grounded in research findings
- 3 years of proven experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research across all stages of the process (scoping, recruiting, data gathering, analyzing, presenting)
- Strong understanding of User Experience principles and standard methodologies, including: usability testing, field research, knowledge elicitation techniques, and mastery of qualitative methods
- Desire to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work, both contributing to and driving innovation whenever possible
- Open, and collaborative, teammate with a passion for documenting insights and working with designers to translate user requirements into an actionable design vision
- Driven to identify and acquire the specific information needed to clarify a situation, or justify how a decision improves the end-user’s experience
- Exceptional ability to create compelling presentations, facilitate user-sessions, and confidently convey those insights through storytelling
- Ability to lead rapid, iterative, ideation and prototyping efforts across the gamut of presentation fidelities (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes)
- Self-motivated and outcome-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar prototyping tools
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Familiarity with web development standard methodologies and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
- Passion for instruction, and a willingness to help strengthen the research skills of the UX/CX team overall
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.