Senior User Experience Designer: Healthcare
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Nuance Healthcare User Experience is looking for a Sr. Designer to join our growing team. If you are a self-starter that is motivated by knowing that you work is having a real, measurable impact on the lives of millions of people every day, then Nuance Healthcare is the right place for you. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll collaborate with a highly-skilled group of individuals that utilize the latest in voice-driven technology to deliver the future of healthcare user experiences.
The Senior UX Designer reports to a UX manager, and leads UX design processes in collaboration with their Product Management and Development counterparts. The Sr. Designer will help to define business and user requirements, then drive iterative design and test cycles to deliver Nuance Healthcare applications. Product-specific user research initiatives will be conducted in conjunction with Product Management colleagues.
- 6+ years of experience developing complex B2B workflow applications, healthcare experience a plus
- Proficient in current UI design and development tools including Sketch, InVision, Abstract, Balsamiq, Adobe suite
- Functional prototype creation for user testing and feedback
- Use of the Atlassian suite for project communication and collaboration (Jira and Confluence)
- Working within Agile development methods
- Adherence to HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information
- Conduct up-front user research activities including business analysis, task analysis and user interviews to inform development of new products
- Facilitate iterative user feedback programs to drive incremental improvements in existing products
- Execution of UX design inputs that guide product development, including user profiles (personas), workflow diagrams, information architecture schemas, wireframes and finished UI designs
- Execution of design documentation and artifacts in support of technical development, including graphical UI guidelines and corresponding graphical assets, functional specification documentation
- Maintain priorities and work efficiently within a fluid, fast-paced product development ecosystem
Education: BS or higher in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, HCI or a UX design-related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.