Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
About the Role
Interested in helping people make one of the biggest financial decisions of their lives? We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to build usable, attractive, and high-performing user experiences for CarGurus products! The ideal candidate will be comfortable solving complex customer problems with agile teams that include engineers, product managers, analysts, and copywriters.
An online portfolio or access to samples of past work is required for applicants to this position.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with engineering and product leads to research, conceive, design, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer- and B2B-facing experiences
- Create user flows, sketches, use cases, personas, and other product design and communication artifacts as needed, based on business requirements and constraints
- Practice an evidence-based design approach, and apply user insights and customer feedback (including A/B testing) to rapidly iterate on your designs
- Understand business strategy and how designs align with strategy
- Apply measurements of the efficiency of designs to your work
- Work with teams and partners across CarGurus
Who You Are:
- Significant UX design/product design experience
- Proficient in commonly used design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, etc.
- Proficient in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies
- Experienced in user research, usability testing and other methods of design validation
- Can clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Understand accessibility concerns
- Able to demonstrate your understanding of design process and innovation
- Able to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
- Can share your knowledge and mentor team members, while also learning from other team members
- Nice to have: experience with iOS/mobile design, e-commerce or digital marketplaces
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.