Senior UI/UX Developer at Wall Street Prep
WHO WE ARE?
Wall Street Prep is the leading provider of professional classroom and online training in the financial services industry. We are looking for an experienced Senior WordPress Front-End Designer/Developer to build, manage and maintain our company website and online course web application.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are a passionate UI/UX Developer interested in leveraging emerging technologies to deliver stellar user experiences.
- You have experience developing and designing sophisticated applications using WordPress and an advanced understanding of the Wordpress CMS including: custom themes, custom plugins, and framework methods.
- You are a developer as well as a designer: You have expert-level PHP, HTML, JS and CSS skill and have a great visual design aesthetic.
- You are proficient in interface and interaction design and information architecture: You can organize information in a clear way and design to a high standard.
- You take a high level of ownership in your work: You're always thinking of creative news ways to improve the projects you're working on and drive business goals.
- You've worked in a fast-paced development pipeline using dev tools such as GIT and Jira.
- Serve as the right hand and strategic partner to our Chief Product Officer to make a customer and client-facing web application that looks beautiful, functions flawlessly and provides great content and user experience to our clients and students
- Plan and implement new web application features and company website landing pages.
- Research, review and implement new tools (plugins, 3rd-party applications, etc) to add functionality to the public-facing site and site admin area.
- Effectively work with the software development team to support, clarify, and troubleshoot the implementation of design concepts. Participate in the design process from concept through final implementation (and ongoing enhancement). Raise design, usability, and accessibility issues that arise during the product development lifecycle and help mitigate them.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills by initiating improvements and pursuing opportunities for innovation in design, user experience, and accessibility. Adapt designs of channels, assets, and artifacts to address needs and solve problems.
- 5+ years of proven software development experience.
- Thorough understanding of the WordPress framework.
- Knowledge, experience and expertise with design and development of interactive web applications that follow sound UI design principles.
- Great UI/UX design, visual design and writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the tools of the design trade including Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization and its impact on effective design
- Experience developing new features using third-party/vendor APIs.
- Ability to work quickly in an environment of frequent releases.
- TEAMWORK – As a Senior UI/UX Developer you will work with a diverse set of individuals and you must have the ability to empathize and collaborate with individuals from a range of background and experiences
- INTEGRITY – Much of our work is dependent on trust and respect, so consistency of actions and taking responsibility for one’s own actions is very important. We value team members that strive to do what is right.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We value the ability of our team and organization to honor our commitment to clients and to other team members.
- HUMILITY – Value openness and curiosity to learn from team members and all that we serve. Be open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- RESULTS-DRIVEN – Have an excellent track record of outcomes. Our clients depend on us to deliver top quality trainings and content. Every task (small or great) should be geared at delivering excellent work and results.
- TRANSPARENCY – At WSP, we pride ourselves on being transparent about our work and methods. Every team member should embody honest and open communication.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telecommuting Policy
- Casual dress
- Happy Hours & Company Outings
- Great office location (Coolidge Corner)
- Join an energetic and entrepreneurial-minded team
ABOUT WALL STREET PREP
Founded in 2004, Wall Street Prep (WSP) seeks to bridge the gap between academia and the real world by providing our clients with the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the finance sector. WSP provides clients with this competitive hands-on edge through classroom training led by experienced industry practitioners as well as through online self-study programs designed by subject matter experts. WSP's clients include global investment banks, private equity and investment management firms, Fortune 500 companies, and top undergraduate business and MBA programs.