Senior Product Designer at Toast (Remote)
Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The xtraCHEF by Toast product line is centered around the restaurant backoffice. Through products like the AP Automation, Inventory, procurement and bill payment, we help restaurant operators manage their food cost and improve productivity.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek an experienced leader and teammate dedicated to our mission; helping restaurants do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner with team lead counterparts in product management, engineering, and adjacent product teams to strategize on how to build holistic and integrated customer experiences.
- Design intuitive experiences across responsive web and native mobile platforms, delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5+ years experience with demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: native mobile, responsive mobile, and web
- Strong experience and journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction when appropriate and moments of delight across the journey
- Experience in strategizing and executing your own UX research
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with/knowledge of restaurant back of the house processes such as inventory and accounts payable automation
- Experience with/knowledge of consumer facing digital products
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.