Senior Product Designer
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Ellie Mae, GrubHub, InVision, Marketo, MongoDB, Okta, Outreach, Eventbrite, Vidyard, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the team
Whether you’re an intern or a principal, you will get to work on hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique experience and specialities!
- Kristin Ackerson Senior Product Designer, joined Dec. 2018. Kristin designs creative and simple solutions for customers who are building Drift bots.
- Carolina Lopez-Treviño, Software Engineer, joined August 2017. Carolina built several email features, and is a champion for the email infrastructure.
- Tim O’Brien, Director of Product Design, joined September 2018. Tim helps ensure design is consistent and delightful across all product teams.
- Maggie Crowley, Director of Product Management, joined Dec. 2017. Maggie & the team own our bot features and built the interaction flow we use today.
- Freja Mickos, Associate UX Researcher, joined June 2018. Freja runs usability tests with our customers every two weeks, making it easy for you to get customer feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- Own the design process for one team, collaborating with one product manager, one customer advocate, and three engineers to ship customer value.
- Spend time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your solutions solve a real problem for them
- Contribute new controls or design improvements to our design system (Tide) to help ensure consistency across products
- Collaborate with our researcher to validate solutions to customer problems with usability tests
- Take one-pagers that your PM has written (our version of specs that you can learn about here: https://www.drift.com/blog/one-pager/) that describe customer problems and turn them into potential solutions
- Own the successful delivery of UXUs (our way of improving the product every week that you can read about here https://www.drift.com/blog/user-experience-update/)
By month 3 you'll
- Expand your role and design for two teams, collaborating with an additional three engineers
- Become an expert on Drift’s customers and their needs
- Contribute major improvements to our design system (Tide)
- Collaborate with our researcher to conduct customer interviews and usability tests on your own
- Work with engineers to own shipping high quality, delightful solutions to our customers
- Ship a lot of product improvements and features using the “Good/Better/Best” framework (Learn more about how we do that here: https://www.drift.com/blog/how-to-ship/)
By month 6 you'll
- Own the success of your teams by helping set and achieving quarterly goals
- Demonstrate your expertise on Drift’s customers and how you’ve solved their problems by presenting at Show and Tell (our Friday company meeting)
- Ship a TON of product improvements and features (seriously, you’ll be amazed when you look back at what you’ve accomplished!)
- Impacted Drift’s growth substantially through your amazing design work
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
- You love to write.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in.