Senior Product Designer, Reporting at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
About the Team:
Our Product Design team is organized into a series of product pillars, where multiple teams are contributing to the goals of a larger mission. This role sits within the Intelligence pillar that focuses on two main goals: helping customers understand where their business is currently, as well as helping them predict and plan for where they want to grow in the future.
The designers in the Intelligence pillar craft products and experiences that utilize and present the right data at the right time for our customers. It is a unique challenge that requires strong customer empathy and an innate knack for simplifying the complex. You will work and collaborate with other designers on the team facing similar data challenges and will coordinate efforts to make a design experience that is comprehensive but approachable, and pervasive but consistent.
About the Role:
Here at Klaviyo, we are proud of our data and our goal is to harness that wealth of numbers and present them to our customers in a way that is actionable, intuitive, and accessible.
Our Reporting team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us craft a vision for how eCommerce businesses should experience and utilize data to improve their business performance. Your responsibilities will include: brainstorming the next great reporting feature in partnership with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Visualization Specialists, prototyping the experience, assisting during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing.
You will also be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – maintain a level of ownership and expertise of reporting at Klaviyo.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
How You’ll Have an Impact:
- Advocate for good user experience and reporting consistency across our platform by representing our customers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Take broad, conceptual ideas, often involving complex data models, and turn them into useful and valuable outputs for our rapidly growing customer base
- Help develop personas for our different types of reporting users and craft experiences that take those into account
- Contribute to our design system
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Content Strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Help grow the product design/UX team by actively partaking in mentoring responsibilities and interviewing
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Understand and co-own the success metrics for owned product areas
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional design experience with a background in data visualization or analytics from previous roles
- An interest in data visualization and the desire to communicate complex information more simply
- A portfolio of projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from audience definition to product adoption
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems; you can concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable outcomes
- Proven self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsperson, able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in or designing reporting spaces and an understanding of how they connect across a whole product
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’)
- Ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else
- Experience designing with Figma
- Ability to mentor junior designers and to give creative direction to bring out their best work
Klaviyo Benefits and Perks
At Klaviyo, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of you and your family. We are proud to offer a competitive and equitable benefits program:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + wellness reimbursement + flexible spending account
- Up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work program post parental leave
- Unlimited vacation time (we have a minimum you must take each year) + 13 paid holidays
- Free career coaching through Bravely
- 401(K) + matching
- One time $1000 work from home stipend for remote employees
- Annual $3,000 stipend for training and learning related expenses + free book policy
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion groups that sponsors monthly company-wide activities to educate and enrich our employees
- Free access to Headspace
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.