Chewy is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our Corporate Learning & Development Team in Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate will be an individual contributor primarily responsible for designing highly impactful learning solutions for company wide audiences. You will assess, design, develop and evaluate high visibility blended learning curricula, learning courses and performance support tools to support an enterprise-wide audience at Chewy. You will also provide thought leadership on learning industry best practices, innovative design methodologies and tools to drive engaging learning experiences that enhance our Chewy team member capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and deliver as needed instructionally sound (ADDIE; AGILE) curriculum journeys, courses, programs and other educational resources (video; ILT, web course, virtual) that result in the development of skills and abilities
- Develop course outlines, documentation, assessment strategies and maintain instructional design direction and development though all phases
- Apply effective learning methodologies to analyze and evaluate the integrity and audience appropriateness of instructional approach, materials and intended delivery methodology
- Filter incoming training and learning requests, scope the project, create a delivery timeline and work collaboratively to determine the best method for delivering the training
- Conduct learning assessments to determine scope, audience and the most effective, engaging learning activities and course design that aligns with Chewy goals, operating principles and competencies
- Provide direction and leadership in concept development; analyze needs, tasks, learning environment and develop learning objectives and requirements
- Design curriculum for face-to-face and virtual learning sessions using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches; develop storyboards for e-learning and videos
- Develop dynamic, experiential learning session designs, including macro designs based on content, and training scripts
- Produce best-in-class blended learning materials, including print, web-based courseware, gamification, micro-learning, social, etc.
- Facilitate (ILT, webinars, VILT, etc.) learning solutions
- Utilize virtual and web-based solutions (tools; resources) fostering the development of online based learning programs. (Storyline, RISE, etc.)
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to bring expertise to design, develop and implement courses and other instructional resources
- Employ assessment and evaluative instruments ensuring the measurement of impact using industry standard criteria such as the Kirkpatrick Model
- Evaluate and analyze participant feedback and key metrics within a specific program or content areas to measure the effectiveness of deliverables in meeting business goals; make recommendations for continuous improvement
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years of professional instructional design and learning strategy experience, e.g., coursework in experiential leadership, management, functional and performance skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Captivate, InDesign, Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Business, Education, Communications or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate constructively with all levels of the organization (Department leaders, managers, individual contributors, learning peers)
- High attention to detail
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities despite conflicting demands
- Position may require travel (up to 25%)
- Master’s degree in Arts/Sciences (MA/MS) Human Resources, Instructional Design/Technology or related field preferred.
- Experience with innovative design modalities, e.g., AR/VR, workflow learning tools, Vyond, Mobile, etc.
- Certifications in leadership and facilitation of development programs (DDI preferred), leadership assessments, Change Management, and/or OD are all strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in fast paced, corporate and/or customer driven service-oriented industry.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com