Senior Design Researcher - Exploratory Research at Klaviyo
Senior Design Researcher, Exploratory Research
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We empower creators to own their own destiny.
We’re looking for a Senior Researcher to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization. You are an experienced researcher with a track record of helping organizations invest in the right growth opportunities. You may have conducted cultural probes to help an organization enter a new geographic market or ethnographic research to help a company understand what they need to be successful when working within a new industry.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Align the organization around trends and design futures that guide the long-term strategy.
- Partner with organizational leadership so they understand the WHY behind the data and can feel confident taking action on recommendations you build in partnership with our customer evangelism, market research, VoC, and business intelligence teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of what we need to be successful within new markets (geographic, industry, and products) and work closely with product and marketing leadership to translate those insights into an actionable plan.
- Build collaborative relationships with a wide array of cross-functional partners to define, answer and measure strategic research questions, with the aim of guiding product decisions towards success.
- Inform multiple product road maps through your research insights.
- Evangelize research through partnerships, lunch and learns, and at least quarterly “top findings” synthesis.
- Create, maintain and scale a growing knowledge base in partnership with customer evangelism.
- Provide insight and vision to the team based on understanding user needs and behaviors. Synthesize and communicate research findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable results in order to inform business decisions. Lead stakeholders in translation of research findings into actionable results.
- Build empathy for our customers and users across the organization.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years directly designing and executing mixed method research projects that influence business decisions.
- Experience conducting research across multiple industries and geographies.
- Knowledge of research methods and tools for conducting research across devices, with various customer segments and markets (including international).
- Experience developing or combining research methods to achieve more actionable insights.
- Provide thought leadership within the organization to help us stay true to our value of putting the customer first.
- Ability to translate high-level strategic directions into an integrated design vision for how we can get there.
- You believe that "fun" and "engaging" are as important to research as "robust" and "insightful". You bring joy to research, while ensuring data integrity and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships remotely and cross-functionally to influence strategy and decisions.
- An entrepreneurial, forward thinking mindset and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research.
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details.
- Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Sciences or a related field
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.