Product Designer at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny.
We are looking for a Product Designer to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals. You will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – you will own the experience for at least one area/feature of the Klaviyo product.
You’ll additionally work with the design team to improve the overall user experience of the Klaviyo product as well as its individual interaction patterns and components. On top of that, you will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
Design Blog 📗
Design Podcast 🎙️
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base
- Contribute to the company and product style guide
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple (fewer clicks and screens is better) for our main product and our mobile applications
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership teams
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Klaviyo web properties and initiatives
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years professional design experience, ideally in building and shipping applications or software and iterating over time
- A portfolio of projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from audience definition to product adoption
- Ability to concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems
- Proven to be a self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsman, and able to work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, and product managers
- Strong visual design skills and a good eye
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, etc)
Klaviyo Benefits and Perks
At Klaviyo, we are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of you and your family. We are proud to offer a competitive and equitable benefits program:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + wellness reimbursement + flexible spending account
- Up to 16 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work program post parental leave
- Unlimited vacation time (we have a company minimum you have to take) + 13 paid holidays
- Free career coaching through Bravely
- 401(K) + matching
- One time $500 work from home stipend for remote employees
- Annual $3,000 stipend for training and learning related expenses + free book policy
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion groups that sponsors monthly company-wide activities to educate and enrich our employees
- Free access to Headspace
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.