At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to design and build cutting edge technology and products. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful institutions.
As a Product Designer at Kensho, you will articulate the future direction of Kensho’s transformative technology products. In your role, you will be setting the bar for the next generation of machine learning and AI products—facilitating faster decision making in finance, business, and beyond. Working closely with our end-users, product managers, and engineers, you will be responsible for bringing simplicity, ease-of-use, and beauty to complex data-rich applications. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and a robust portfolio with a demonstrated ability to successfully address user needs in a complex problem domain while collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way we think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, conduct and communicate research to inform design and engineering work
- Iterate on and validate concepts using sketches, interaction diagrams, wireframes, UI designs, interactive prototypes, and more
- Design for a product’s full life cycle, from early ideation to the initial product launch to enhanced releases
- Collaborate with fellow designers on design standards for Kensho products to continuously enhance and elevate Kensho’s products
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and machine-learning engineers on each step of the design process, from early user and market research through to implementation
What You'll Need:
- You have a portfolio of design work highlighting thoughtful UX and UI design from sketches to polished UI, and can clearly articulate your design process
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in design or HCI, or equivalent experience
- You have experience designing across a product’s life cycle
- You are skilled in thinking about scale: how data scales, how content scales, and how layouts scale from wide desktops down to mobile formats
- You have strong communication skills, collaborate well, and have experience building consensus among product stakeholders
- You are skilled at articulating user journeys and applying them to the design of an application architecture
- You have extensive knowledge of UI paradigms and have the ability to apply or adapt the most appropriate one to any particular problem
- You are skilled in the use of typography and information hierarchy, especially in data-dense interfaces or graphics
What Really Gets Our Attention:
- UX Research experience, especially planning, recruiting and screening subjects for, and conducting remote moderated testing
- Robust experience with visual design in addition to UX
- Experience designing for data-dense and/or AI-driven products
Technologies We Use:
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.