Principal UX Researcher at Acquia
Acquia is driving the open-source revolution as the leading provider of cloud-based digital experience management solutions. What does that mean? Collaborators within Acquia and volunteers around the globe are continually strengthening Drupal, our award-winning platform, to fuel the dreamers and doers who are delivering amazing digital experiences at the world’s most ambitious brands like Pinterest, Whole Foods, and the Australian government.
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional development.
About the team you will be on…
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are an innovator who wants to identify and define the ideal customer experience for the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line
- Are a professional with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses
- Have the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences
As the Principal UX Researcher, you will…
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects and execute against them
- Communicate and translate research insights into actionable recommendations that inform design and implementation
- Provide thought leadership for UX both in cross functional meetings, and for junior researchers
- Prepare study plans, moderator’s guides, and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Analyze, synthesize, and report the results from research studies with teams and key stakeholders
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants matching our personas using internal contacts, customer relationships, social media, and local events
- Moderate user research, including usability studies, competitive tool analyses, and diary studies
- Refine existing personas and goal:needs decompositions to inform product and design decisions
- Partner with our UX designers to define, test, and iterate on design concepts grounded in research findings
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Open, collaborative, team player with a passion for documenting insights and collaboratively translating user requirements into an actionable design vision
- 6+ years of experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research in all stages of the process (scoping, leading fieldwork, conducting in-context interviews, analysis, presenting recommendations)
- Strong understanding of User Experience principles and best practices including: usability testing, field research, knowledge elicitation techniques, and mastery of qualitative methods
- Exceptional ability to create compelling presentations, facilitate sessions, and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Self-motivated and can execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work, contributing and driving innovation whenever possible
- Able to identify the specific information needed to clarify a situation or make a decision
Extra credit if you have...
- Ability to lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts across the gamut of presentation tool fidelity (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes)
- Excellent hands-on wireframing and/or graphic design skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch or equivalent
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.