Manager, CARE Instructional Design - US/Europe Remote at Vista
Vista is the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world, empowering each one to live their dreams. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, flyers and postcards, business cards, websites, and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses can create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. Our focus is on helping small businesses project a consistent and cohesive brand image that makes them look their best in-store, online, on-site and on-the-go.
Global Customer Value (CARE)
Our global CARE team is key in delivering best in class service committed to and focused on providing exceptional experiences for our customers. We are empowered to create lasting impressions and build authentic relationships with a wide range of small business owners each day.
In this important role you will enable our Customer Service Professionals across the globe to deliver jaw-dropping customer value by creating tailored and inspiring learning solutions that ensure expertise at all customer touch points.
What You Will Do:
- Take the strategic lead from a design perspective to influence our overall product and program strategy across the globe.
- Utilize expertise in adult learning theory, instructional design, and educational technologies to enhance the performance of all CARE team members by overseeing development of blended learning solutions to meet the development needs of the global organization.
- Produce training materials and courses in a wide variety of formats including multimedia, eLearning and simulations, tool kits, job aids, videos, games and assessments and source and employ innovative methods of delivery across multiple platforms.
- Act as a proactive and productive partner with content SME's and PM's to gather requirements from stakeholders, complete comprehensive needs analysis, assess scope, identify resources needed, develop timelines, and provide deliverables.
- Formulate curricula, learning paths, learning objectives, assessments, innovative learning activities, and collaborative exercises that align with competencies and knowledge gaps and produce desired behaviors and business results.
- Update or convert existing learning content and knowledge into meaningful and interactive learning formats to reflect business change and accommodate remote learning.
- Stay abreast of and apply the latest industry standards and best practices in instructional design and adult learning theory to reduce cognitive load and maximize engagement.
- Provide and evaluate learning analytics to measure impact by creating comprehensive assessments and performance metrics and iterate on content/modality to accelerate retention, proficiency, and mastery, as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar role, preferably in an international company with a matrix organization.
- Academic Degree, major in Adult Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or another related field.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply adult learning theories, utilize iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e., ADDIE, SAM, etc.), perform comprehensive needs analysis and use critical thinking skills and analytical approach to problem solving and driving toward solutions.
- Foster teamwork, maximize efficiencies, and work to promote effective synergies between L&D and partner disciplines.
- High proficiency using authoring software including Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud Applications, animation, audio, and video editing/ production and virtual web conferencing software. Experience with AI/VR strongly desired.
- Experience using data and metrics to track, trend and manage impact of training efforts.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational interpersonal and communication skills with a strong focus on internal customers' needs and satisfaction.
- Customer-obsessed mindset and ability to adapt well when working in a fast-paced, remote environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to manage time, human resources and budget in a deadline-driven environment and consistently deliver high-quality results.
- Strong writing ability, creativity, attention to detail and proofing and editing skills.
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk, or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy, and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members across the globe.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Manager, Animation, Cloud, Multimedia, Retail, Management, Creative, Technology