Lead UX/ Product Designer, Growth & Retention - US Remote at Vista
Vista is in the midst of an ambitious transformation to become the expert design and marketing partner for small businesses. Vista's Experience Design team creates customer experiences that deliver on this promise. We imagine the future, make the possibilities real, instill confidence and pride, and inspire small businesses to bring their unique visions to life.
What You Will Do:
As a Lead Product/UX Designer for the Growth and Retention cross-functional team, you will design personalized, relevant, and meaningful experiences for millions of small businesses. You will:
- Define, design, and test experiences that power personalization, build customer acquisition and retention, and drive Vista's digital transformation.
- Translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, business requirements, and technical considerations into end-to-end multi-touchpoint experiences.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with product, engineering, data, and content partners to craft scalable experiences that achieve near-term goals and inform the long-term vision.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across the organization to facilitate and drive alignment, customer-centricity, and high-quality output.
- Collaborate with design partners to contribute experience patterns to the Vista design system and to establish a shared design dialogue.
- Mentor and influence collaborators in best practices for human-centered design.
- 5-8 years' experience working as a Senior Product/UX Designer within a digital, design environment (agency and/or in-house) for a tech/retail/consumer brand
- Track record of producing data-informed, effective experiences that deliver measurable outcomes for the customer and the business
- Track record of forging strong partnerships and collaborating with cross-functional peers and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, critical, strategic, and systems thinking
- Ability to create multiple design approaches and articulate your design rationale based on data, insights, collaboration, and intuition
- Ability to drive the right outcomes, at the right time, at the right altitude, with appropriate design artifacts including diagrams, maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and specs
- Strong convictions, loosely held
- Strong attention to detail
- A growth mindset
Nice to Haves:
- Relevant degree in the field of design or HCI
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience in growth design
- Experience in emotional design
- Interest in emerging technologies, extended intelligence, and anticipatory design
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk, or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees.
In 2021, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy, and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in-office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites, and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great design and marketing accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online, and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status, or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Waltham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Merchandising, Work from Home, User Experience, Graphic Design, Engineering, Retail, Contract, Technology, Creative