Lead User Experience Researcher, Restaurant Platform at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a Lead UX Researcher dedicated to the processes, systems and products our customers use to manage their restaurants. You will work on products intended to drive efficiency in restaurant workflows, as well as the tools and processes restaurants use to take orders, manage their kitchens and serve their guests. As a Toast UX Researcher, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose; to enable restaurants with the tools they need to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- You will collaborate with Product team leadership (Product, Design & Engineering) to identify areas of confidence & risk in the roadmap and craft a plan to address them
- You will scope, plan and conduct high-value UX research throughout the product development process, from generative to evaluative, crafting multi-method approaches to inform solutions to hairy problems, employing your quantitative and qualitative expertise as needed
- You will evangelize research insights & create a shared understanding of user needs across teams in your domain to drive user-centered strategy and decision-making
- You will exemplify great research practices for your cross-functional teams; delegate, mentor, coach and provide guidance to others as needed to level up everyones’ learning competencies
- You will collaborate with the Research team to establish and promote consistent, rigorous research practices and standards; model and advocate for those standards on your Product team and promote research excellence across the organization
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Demonstrated ability to use collaboration & influence to lead the research strategy for a product area and connect that to a broader product vision, including identifying & prioritizing research needs
- Demonstrated ability to use systems thinking to build out research infrastructure, defining cadences, processes and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to bring research insights “home,” using persuasion & communication to drive user-centered strategy & design
- Deep and broad research toolkit - experience with generative research, workshop facilitation, concept testing, unmoderated methods, evaluative research and measurement, with deep expertise in at least one method
- Experience with unmoderated testing tools (ex., UserTesting) & survey tools (ex., Qualtrics)
- Experience conducting research in B2B environments and the complexity that comes with them, with strong perspectives on concepts like change aversion and confidence vs. risk
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you and your expertise and confidence have others seeking out your informed perspective.
- You’re passionate about maintaining a healthy work-life balance by scoping, setting expectations and maintaining your boundaries.
- You have a growth mindset - you see challenges as opportunities, believe feedback is a gift and can speak confidently about failures & what you learned from them.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.