Junior Marketing Designer at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Ellie Mae, GrubHub, InVision, Marketo, MongoDB, Okta, Outreach, Eventbrite, Vidyard, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the team
We are a small, tight-knit, dynamic group of creators and makers and need someone who is eager to learn while collaborating on a variety of projects across media, digital, video, social, experiential and print. This is an ideal position for someone fresh out of school or recently so, looking to level up. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your skills, and learn by working closely with all departments to conceive and execute exciting and engaging creative.
Drift is a tech company. Our brand is anything but. Our brand is real, personal, authentic and human. We don’t use cartoons, or cute illustrations we use real people and a bold graphic style to reflect the energy of our business and emphasize our commitment to people, human interaction and our focus on the customer. Our role models aren’t other B2B companies – they’re companies like Apple, Nike, and Patagonia.
What you'll be doing on the team:
About you and what types of skills you'll need
- An excellent sense of current design trends
- An energetic, engaged, collaborative and productive work style.
- A passion for best practices for visual communication online and off
- Great layout/composition skills
- An understanding of what makes great photography great (or are eager to learn)
- A solid ability with all Adobe Creative Suite programs (extra credit for Premier, AfterEffects)
We think these are givens…
- Strong problem-solving abilities. (Can you Google that before asking for help?)
- Eager and able to learn quickly. (Up for the task regardless. (See above))
- Interest in all functions of marketing: Visual design, Copywriting, Product marketing, Content, PR, Experiential, and how all of it comes together to create a world class brand and premium customer experience.
More about you…
- You are a fast learner.
- You are comfortable being uncomfortable.
- You are a self starter. You’ll start producing great work day one.
- You’ll need to be fast. Everything we mentioned above might happen in a single week at Drift.
- You’ll need to show your work. Early, often, always.
Drift is a once in a career opportunity, and we are working to build a once in a lifetime company. We move fast. We produce and we expect results. But we won’t make you run the gauntlet to get something approved. We have a bias for action and practice extreme ownership. You will too.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in.