Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Welcome to the L&D Team at CarGurus! We’re on the mission to transform the learning experience to support our company’s rapid growth, and we’re looking for an Instructional Designer to join our growing team. This brings us to you:
You’re an Instructional Designer who has the passion for learning design & development and the grit of working in a fast-paced, cross-functional, hybrid team. You thrive with collaboration and have experience partnering with SMEs, HR, Internal Comms, Learning Vendors etc.What you’ll do:
- Lead projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners, and selecting appropriate measurements for successful implementation
- Identify learning objectives, assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver instruction
- Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactive, user guides, audio and video content (including scripts), storyboards, navigational text, assessment tests, etc.) which transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction
- Be the voice of the learner, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offerings
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience
- Expert with Microsoft Suite + eLearning authoring tools (Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise)
- Proficient in video and animation creation/editing tools (Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, VideoScribe, Vyond)
- Incredible at creating Virtual Learning Experiences
- Basic knowledge of Learning Management Systems
- Works independently and communicates proactively
- Practices giving/receiving constructive feedback
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.