Instructional Designer at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 45 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 115 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating effective and engaging instructional materials for instructor-led, self-directed, virtual classroom, web-based, and/or blended learning solutions in support of a variety of Agero programs and business initiatives, but with a specific focus on manager and leadership development curriculum. In partnership with business leaders and other members of the Agero Learning and Development team, the Instructional Designer will design and develop innovative learning solutions that meet specific business needs. The role has significant interface with many levels of the organization and must be able to build and maintain strong business relationships.
• Analyzes client source content, target audience demographics, job tasks, and learner environment to identify learning objectives and appropriate instructional strategies.
• Creates design documents to specify performance or behavioral objectives, sequencing of instruction, course content, source materials, and instructional strategies based on needs analysis and target audience.
• Designs and develops learning materials such as Facilitator Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint presentations, Quick Reference Guides, Job Aids, and Audio/Video scripts.
• Develops questionnaires and procedures to determine if objectives are being met.
• Identifies opportunities to effectively integrate learning within the flow of work which results in positive and measurable business impacts.
• Makes training recommendations consistent with established development time frames.
• Provides appropriate support materials to guide roll out of training programs.
• Utilizes a broad range of interactive, creative and intuitive instructional methods, including but not limited to simulations, games, hands-on activities, interactive case studies, role-plays, and assessments.
• Works collaboratively with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to conduct needs analysis and develop learning objectives for all programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION: College Degree. Formal training in Instructional Design, job aid design, adult learning theory, delivery systems and evaluation techniques is a plus.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience designing and developing adult learning programs. Proven experience working in or supporting a dynamic high volume service or technology organization where flexibility is a core skill. Strong experience project managing the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning programs and initiatives. Experience using e-learning and distance learning tools required.
SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated technical writing skills. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software. Creative ability and visual graphics design ability.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel up to 20%
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.