Head of Creative, Brand
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences and a meaningful brand for our customers. The Marketing and Brand team is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative creative solutions and experiences that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To drive the creative vision and strength of our newly launched brand we are looking for an Executive Creative Director (ECD) to join our Boston-based leadership team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Brand and working closely with leaders across the company, you will lead and mentor a team of designers, writers, and content producers that sit within the company as well as on our agency roster. In 2017, MassMutual underwent a brand re-launch and has developed this leadership position to steward the look and feel of our customer experience, brand narrative, vision and message in our communities, and a multitude of innovative marketing needs across the organization.
Since 1851, MassMutual has lived with one single purpose: to help people secure their future and protect their loved ones. More than 160 years later, the commitment to this remains the same. We do it every single day and the stories of the impact created are meaningful to everyone who works here. We have an opportunity to continue to tell this story and welcome hearing from all candidates who desire to contribute their expertise alongside a purpose-driven brand.
What great looks like in this role
This role requires overseeing an enterprise consumer brand experience that covers a multitude of stakeholders along with the direct consumer such as advisors and our retirement and institutional businesses. We’ll look for candidates who demonstrate a strong track record of managing teams, integrated campaign development, multi audience sensibilities( B2B and B2C), production management and those who oversee all creative aspects of building and protecting a brand - nothing too small - from beginning to end. This person should be able to operate with minimal hierarchy and a wide degree of responsibility with little oversight.
MassMutual is looking for an experienced creative leader hungry for the opportunity to custom build a team and work within the walls of a transformative organization. Together we believe we can unlock even deeper ways we can define how our brand shows up in the world.
Objectives of the role
Lead the creative brand vision and connectivity for MassMutual ensuring a cohesive narrative for all customers across all interaction moments
Oversee brand creative and governance team
Act as the key brand creative liaison with creative agency partners/teams
Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders across all business units to listen to needs, provide counsel, and ultimately oversee the creative product. Motivate internal marketers to think differently and constantly embrace better work
Act as the lead conceptual creative for integrated marketing campaigns and activations
Work alongside creative operations to review and adjust all briefs across the organization, identify agency partners, and provide creative leadership to external partners in any capacity
Support internal brand training and foster a culture of excitement for elevated brand experiences
Work alongside brand strategy and engagement team to elevate the impact, breakthrough, and creative vision and message for the enterprise brand
- 15+ years creative direction experience that demonstrates cross-discipline experience; demonstrated expertise in managing a single brand for a minimum of 5 years; 8+ years-experience in a management position overseeing a team
- May be a copy-led or visual-led ECD, but the expectation is to be able to direct all creative outputs with an eye for excellence and consistency
- Experience inspiring teams with a strong vision; An ability to teach managed teams as well as non-creative partners on how to embrace creative brand development and standards
- Strong understanding of audience-focused communications and customer journey mapping
- An appreciation for the measurement aspect of growth-driven brands and marketing teams
- Fluency across all marketing touch points and demonstrated expertise in previous experience
- Management of staffing plan and resource allocations
- Polished communication skills. Humility. Ability to confidently lead presentations to non-marketing C-Level teams
- Understanding and knowledge of financial services, insurance, or highly regulated consumer brands a plus.
We welcome you to explore more about the brand and our values here. https://www.massmutual.com/about-us as well as some of our most meaningful recent brand storytelling, https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/massmutual-looks-back-on-2017-by-highlighting-positivity-courage-and-kindness/