Graphic Designer - Contractor at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Welcome to the Creative Team at CarGurus. We’re the creative force behind the automotive industry’s leading car-shopping brand, and we’re looking for a passionate graphic designer to join our growing team, supporting B2B Marketing. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are a designer with a heartfelt desire to roll up your sleeves, figure things out, and be hands-on. You’re a wonderful craftsman proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other emerging platforms. Your portfolio has solid examples of traditional work amplified by successful digital extensions. You know award-winning work is paramount, but you also know it needs to solve a business problem. You thrive with collaboration and have experience partnering with marketers, copywriters, and/or other cross-functional teams.What you’ll do:
- Deliver creative concepts and push boundaries with a stellar eye for detail
- Translate existing marketing campaign creative into print (everything from collateral to large scale tradeshow signage) and digital deliverables
- Manage multiple projects and timelines across different marketing functions
- Expert level production skills in prepping files for print and resizing digital assets
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 3-5 years experience working in-house and agency
- B2B Marketing or tradeshow/event design experience a plus
- Successful in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Positive, upbeat, and able to take constructive feedback
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- An online portfolio must be submitted for consideration
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.