Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal.
We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We have a passionate, innovative User Experience team that is looking to change the way people engage with our products and the Drupal digital experience. The UX team is responsible for creating the human experience of using our software, as well as the execution of our brand.
What we need
As the Director of UX you will report to the SVP of Product and you will drive large-scale experience and product visions, while leading and inspiring Acquia's user experience team. You will use your background in user experience, visual design, management, and research to set an ambitious product quality bar. You will guide team members to overcome obstacles and facilitate collaboration within the organization. Your vision and roadmap will reflect key philosophies that the user experience team will adhere to, methodologies that they will deploy, and standards that they will achieve.
What you bring
You place a high value on user experience design, details, quality and craftsmanship. The pursuit of both the big idea - and the perfect interface - drives you. Whether it’s designing for complex products on mobile, tablet, web, you have done it, and you master the peculiarities of the different platforms.
You know when to do things yourself, and when to let your team try, experiment and maybe make mistakes. You don’t shy away when there’s a project that requires you open that beast of the Adobe Suite (or Sketch, if you are a true bohemian). You lead by example, and use your knowledge and experience to your team level up their UX skills as you work alongside them.
- Own the User Experience process at Acquia.
- Work with your UX team and product leaders to shape UX strategy and aesthetics, establishing consistent quality standards while maintaining a culture of continuous evolution.
- Create big-picture experiential strategies that cross numerous touch points unconstrained by platforms and technologies and work iteratively to put them into action; set a vision that encompasses the entire experiential ecosystem.
- Be a passionate visual guardian and promoter of the Acquia look and feel.
- Get your hands dirty on critical projects.
- Challenge your UX team to invent, explore and discover within their project work.
- Collaborate and consult with product management, marketing, UI and technology teams to develop new design initiatives and product feature set.
- Establish User Research Metrics as core business driver
- Define new interaction models that improve on the existing
- Minimum 10 years' of relevant work in user experience, visual design, research and product design
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building and leading high performing user-centered design teams
- Operational excellence and expertise in resource planning, creating career plans for your team, project planning, and program management
- Ability to create a 12-month roadmap of work
- A digital portfolio of work
- BA/BS degree in a field related to User Experience, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Art, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Deep expertise across all facets of human-centered design and user experience, spanning visual design, copy, UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research/assessment, prototyping, and user adoption.
- Experience working in-house, collaborating with engineers and business to build designs.
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team of designers and researchers.
- Superlative communication and presentation skills: you can communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and design details both verbally and visually.
- Strong understanding of brand development and multichannel, mobile communications.
- A superb understanding of visual design, user experience, and development best practices.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and self-manage project delivery.
- Passion, energy, and creativity!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.