Alignable is looking for a Director of Product Design & UX to build a team and discipline from the group up that delivers simple and delightful experiences for our Members, with a passion to ensure every one of them can experience the immense benefit of being connected to their peers.
Who We Are
Alignable is North America's largest small business network with over 5 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Interacting with their local communities or nationally-recognized industry peers, our small business owners drive customer referrals, business opportunities, and helpful conversations on the Alignable business network.
Small businesses give our communities character-- generating local jobs and supporting local causes. They’re the beating heart of the global economy representing 50% of GDP and 65% of all new jobs. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. They’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network - it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it's hearing from a fellow business owner who's overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
If you want to empower the small business owner through a social media network unlike any other, let’s talk.
Led by start-up veterans from Invisalign, Constant Contact, Vistaprint, and Audible, we know how to turn promising ideas into enduring businesses that transform the digital landscape. We’re eager to repeat this success.
Advocacy and Encouragement. They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive, and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring, and flexibility. Every one of our employees and co-ops can directly point to how they've made a major impact on the business.
Headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, and KIC ventures.
About the product team
Alignable’s product team is responsible for conceptualizing, building, and launching features that allow our 5M+ Members to connect in ways never before possible. As our Director of Product Design & UX, you’ll be the driving force responsible for ensuring that Alignable is as simple and easy to use as possible to drive true value to our large and diverse Member base. You’ll work closely with leaders in Product Management, Customer Support, Sales & Marketing, and Engineering on a daily basis.
You'll be responsible for a lot, including:
- Crafting a foundation on which to build a world-class Product Design and UX discipline
- Hands-on designing of Member experiences
- Working with Product and Engineering on long and short term strategy and roadmaps
- Architecting a full-stack design org
- Hiring and managing the team
About you, and the skills you’ll need:
- 5+ years of hands-on UX design experience
- 5+ years of UX management experience
- Experience building a successful UX team/discipline from the group up
- Innate empathy and compassion for the struggles of owning a small business
- Rapid wireframing, design, and prototyping
- A love of data, and experience using it to measure experiences
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects at once
- A portfolio of successful UX projects
- Bonus points for experience with consumer-based apps, SMBs, and/or social networks
What we offer
- Smart, supportive co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacations
- Payroll deduction for commuter rail and parking