Director of Product Design at Klaviyo
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (EST) on Friday, February 7, 2020
Klaviyo is a startup located in the heart of downtown Boston. We build software that helps tens of thousands of businesses have more relevant and personal relationships with billions of consumers. We are a product driven company and over invest in making beautiful, efficient and fast workflows that help our customers accomplish what was previously unimaginable. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
What Getting Started Might Look Like:
First 30 days
You spend your time getting to know the design team and our customers. You over-index on learning the product, watching customers use it, talking to customers and investigating the other tools that our customers use. By the end of this time, it’s like you’ve been working in our industry for years.
First 60 days
Now that you know our people and our customers, you dig in hard to our workflows, processes and tools. You take your years of expertise and critically evaluate how we work, why we’ve evolved that way and what about our current set up is robbing us of our maximum impact and efficiency. By the end of this time. you make thoughtful recommendations on how the team works together and our recruiting processes.
First 90 days
Some of your initial suggestions are starting to be implemented and the team is starting to thrive. Alignment is tighter, individuals are moving more quickly and we’re releasing better quality product even faster. You’ve sunk your teeth into our design system and have helped mentor the designers involved to make exceptional choices that lead to a more reliable path forward. You’ve taken ownership of the recruiting process and brought some incredible people into your pipeline. By the end of this time, the team comes to you frequently for guidance and you’ve earned the reputation of being a servant-leader who drives outcomes in a motivating and inspiring way.
How you will make a difference:
- Talking to and working with customers constantly
- Hiring and managing exceptional Product Designers
- Organizing, implementing and improving a world class design system
- Making Klaviyo a globally recognized steward of user-centric, quality product design
- Defining and executing product design processes that lead to beautiful, efficient and fast product experiences and workflows
- Contribute to strategic prioritization of what we work on, when and why
Who You Are:
- Your favorite part of your job is working with and delighting customers
- You’re impassioned by hiring, managing high potential talent and bringing exceptional designers to Klaviyo
- You’ve successfully implemented design systems before or are have lead large scale, cross functional projects
- You’re excited to create the go-to resource or community for designers and design organizations to learn about how to be better
- You are involved in the design community by executing events, online content, and thought leadership.
- You care deeply about building quality products in an efficient manner, especially with respect to design.
- You’re excited to be the voice of design in product conversations company-wide
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description