Design Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
We’re looking for a designer who can help us bring our brand to life across all customer touch points. You will work on a customer-focused team to design digital and print communications for an evolving brand. This job involves working collaboratively with marketing teams, creative problem solving, and creating clear and compelling design. You should know what works and what doesn’t, have excellent layout and graphic design skills, and experience executing on larger campaign-led ideas.
In doing so, you will help us drive improvement in performance, brand identity and consistency, and conversion. The ideal candidate will have experience designing assets across the full consumer journey and demonstrate the ability to be an individual contributor on large design projects across a cross functional team. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and know that the best outcomes are a blend of design intuition and data. Above all else, you love the creative process. You enjoy coming up with design solutions that make a business impact and drive a strong connection between a brand and its consumers.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience as a designer
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe suite
- Experience working with business and marketing stakeholders; receiving feedback, and adapting work
- Experience working on design projects of all sizes; ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Good understanding of digital marketing (Email, paid social, display channels) and best practices
- Experience in rolling out a brand (designing, governing, and working with freelance and external agency talent as needed)
- Proven track record of leveraging data and insight to inform design decisions
*Bread puns encouraged but not required