Design Director, Brand Central at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:43 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, January 27, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
About Brand Central:
Brand Central is a small, talented, dedicated, and high-impact creative team. It’s comprised of ambitious thinkers, strategists, designers, analysts, writers, producers, and makers focused on reimagining and elevating commerce, product experiences, and entrepreneurial success.
The Design Director at Brand Central will provide design leadership and brand strategy solutions. They will help build category leading brands, manage the brand integrity of Thrasio's portfolio of 200+ products, and create meaningful relationships with current and future consumers, sellers, partners, employees and investors.
This Design Director will lead the design communications for a team that will develop visual identity systems, frameworks, stories, and approaches (including brand books, value propositions, brand architectures and portfolio strategies, messaging, visual identity briefs, brand measurement plans and support), and integrated marketing campaigns that bring to life the Thrasio masterbrand as well as Thrasio’s portfolio of brands, and drive brand desire among both consumers and sellers. They’ll be a brand thought-leader, expanding Brand Central’s team’s sphere of influence, identifying opportunities, and adding more value to the business. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Thrasio’s vision and mission and a proven track record of helping world-class brands grow.
- Build and direct the visual identity design practice for the Global Brand Central team, working under Brand Central leadership, and partnering with a team of Creatives, Brand Strategists, Analysts, and Project Managers, to deliver impactful and high quality work in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Contribute to the overall branding (including positioning, strategy, and voice) and development of global brand campaigns and activations, for Thrasio’s masterbrand as well as select brands from Thrasio’s portfolio, with potential to reach +1B consumers.
- Translate business objectives into marketing and brand objectives and initiative goals.
- Assist in developing a sustainable brand system for building and launching new product brands in partnership with Product
- Collaborate with leaders across multiple teams (Global Marketing, Creative, Product, Communications, etc) to drive integrated marketing programs with impactful outcomes that deliver against key brand metrics.
- Be an inspiring thought leader and driver of change for the wider Thrasio Creative & Marketing teams
- Connect the powerful stories that emerge from our Sellers to our wider brand narratives and activations.
- Contribute to market research, data analysis, and fact-finding, to generate product/category/industry insights and hypotheses, identify opportunities, and propose goals.
- Stay closely attuned to key brand metrics and performance against targets.
- Manage and help build relationships with external agencies.
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor's degree with a design focus.
- Senior-level experience in creative roles, driving marketing or brand strategy and execution, for world-class and well-loved global brands
- Experience in delivering world-class and highly creative campaigns and activations.
- Experience in large-scale multi-million dollar campaigns, but also community and social-first thinking.
- Experience launching new consumer products/brands.
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent communicator and have an amazing design aesthetic. Ability to interface with c-suite, and to communicate cross-functionally to influence outcomes.
- Skillful at digesting and presenting complex design concepts in simple, easy to understand ways.
- Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across geographies with peers and executive teams to drive action and results.
- Having a ‘design thinking’ mentality: being comfortable operating under ambiguity and helping to shape and evolve the group and brand(s).
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute.
- Globally and culturally thoughtful. Experience stewarding a brand (e.g. positioning, naming, etc) in major markets around the globe, working across multiple geographies.
- Positive outlook, see the world as a tourist, desire to learn and grow and put the team first..
- Brings a strong passion for Thrasio’s vision and mission.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.