Conversation Design Lead at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
We’re looking for someone with experience in conversation optimization and design and is able to reference a portfolio of their work. This individual will leverage their understanding of human language and communication to architect seamless chat experiences for Drift Automation customers while continuously coaching a team of designers on best practices. They may come from a variety of backgrounds; Communications with a focus on design, UX design with a passion for linguistics, or even a copywriting background fueled by experience with dialogue managers.
About what you’ll be doing on the team:
- Coaching a team of designers on how to build high quality bots that drive outcomes for their customers.
- Managing a small portfolio of accounts through 6 month + implementation lifecycles and ensuring customers love their bots.
- Experimenting with new use cases for Drift Automation and creatively applying our technology in ways we haven’t tried before.
- Working with the Automation leadership team to identify and document the best approaches for Conversation Designers to build phenomenal bots.
- Collaborating with our internal product teams to improve our toolset and bot capabilities, using customer feedback to advocate for new functionality or feature improvements.
In one month, you’ll…
- Attend training to learn the Drift story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Learn how Drift works and why our customers use it
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and all your direct reports
- Learn about how the Conversation Design team measures and tracks success
- Shadow designers with their customer projects while identifying areas of improvement
By month 3, you’ll…
- Own customer escalations and guide the team on how to de-escalate issue
- Manage your own portfolio of customers and own a new customer’s implementation
- Coach and develop the team on the spot and through 1:1s, using observations and metrics
- Use your Drift and past experiences to help build a framework that inspires great bot design
By month 6, you’ll..
- Work with your team to help them execute on projects that drive better experiences for customers as well as the team at-large
- Identify and take on initiatives for team growth (both in terms of headcount as well as individual development)
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]