Content Designer, Go To Market Team at Klaviyo
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:27 p.m. (CST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
Klaviyo is looking for a team-oriented designer to create stunning and effective content for our customers and Sales / Go To Market team. If you are creative, energetic, and are motivated by fast-paced and high-impact work, we want to talk to you!
The right person will successfully work with prospective Klaviyo customers and translate their assets (such as photography, backgrounds, embellishments, and fonts) and then build them out beautifully in our email editor, web forms, or on a Klaviyo-hosted web page. You’ll need to keep the pulse of modern design trends, be detail-minded and produce high-quality design. This is a high-impact and fast-paced role where you’ll work closely with customers, alongside Sales Engineers and Account Executives. You’ll help demonstrate the value and design capabilities of Klaviyo with the goal of accelerating the value that our customers get from Klaviyo.
The person we hire will be the first one in this role which has emerged because Klaviyo is growing incredibly rapidly and when we work with prospective customers, we are routinely asked to provide design expertise to create or improve email templates, web forms, or certain site pages -- plus, we are striving to have more a more disciplined design process applied to all collateral generated sales-side (from slide decks to proposals to 1-pagers, etc.). We expect the initial focus to be getting hands-on designing email templates, though again this would be the first person in the role at a company that is very special, so there is a lot of growth potential.
How you will make a difference:
- Design engaging and effective email templates consistent with customer brand standards and creative guidelines.
- Build, QA, and deliver HTML templates and templates built in Klaviyo’s Drag and Drop Editor; ensure all creative assets are optimized for delivery and performance.
- Design, develop, and code new, mobile-optimized templates to support customer requests and scale customer-facing template library.
- Troubleshoot display, rendering, and delivery issues of email templates across various browsers, clients and devices.
- Manage library of email templates so content is accessible across customer-base and company-wide.
- As an expert user of our email template editor you will also work closely with our product and engineering team in creating the best email template editor out there.
- Work closely with Sales and Sales Engineering teams to manage email template design requests.
Who You Are:
- Responsive and mobile design experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing for and coding HTML.
- Strong design and typography skills with an understanding of web design best practices pertaining to e-commerce.
- Well versed in how to design attractive and effective emails within the constraints of various email clients
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate your creative thoughts, and point of view.
- Comfort saying no and asking probing questions until direction is well understood; able to constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with customers.
- Ability to process information supplied by customers and translate into visual ideas and executions.
- A keen ability to prioritize a high volume of work, completing the right things in the right order.
- Ability to deliver on time and on spec consistently.
- Detail obsession. Every pixel matters to you.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 25,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description