Associate UX Designer at Acquia
Acquia is driving the open-source revolution as the leading provider of cloud-based digital experience management solutions. What does that mean? Collaborators within Acquia and volunteers around the globe are continually strengthening Drupal, our award-winning platform, to fuel the dreamers and doers who are delivering amazing digital experiences at the world’s most ambitious brands like Pinterest, Whole Foods, and the Australian government.
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional development.
About the team you will be on…
Acquia is seeking a UX Designer to help bring the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line to life. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
As a UX Designer, you will…
- Design best-in-class user experiences (e.g., user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes)
- Work with UX researchers to fully understand, and become a strong advocate for, our customer’s needs and the designs necessary to address them
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment
- Work with the broader team to identify strategic research needs and customer experience improvement opportunities
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Always ask “why?” and have a passion for crafting elegant designs to address what your curiosity discovers
- Are constantly looking for ways to flex your creative muscle and propose innovative solutions
- Are motivated to design the next generation of world class products
What you’ll need to be successful…
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- A desire to put the user first! Designing experiences to address their needs and alleviate their challenges
- Familiarity with user research best practices (e.g., knowledge elicitation interviews, usability studies, tool comparisons and analyses)
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.