Associate Product Designer, Mobile
Are you a creative, results-oriented self-starter? Are you passionate about creating best-in-class, engaging mobile shopping experiences? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
Chewy is looking for a Associate Product Designer, Mobile to join our Product Design team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things mobile, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices bringing native mobile apps to market, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with product managers, software developers, UX designers, and user researchers to maintain, improve, and invent the Chewy digital experience across web, iPhone, iPad, and Android platforms.
- Design user flows, final compositions, and present your work. Iterate on this work based on data, qualitative customer, and internal feedback.
- Document design requirements and work closely with software developers to ensure successful implementation.
- Advocate for the customer, collaborating with product managers and software developers to bring to life the best possible customer experience.
- Attend and actively participate in daily stand-up, grooming, planning, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Perform design review and provide feedback to software developers during development process.
What you'll need:
- 4-year degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction Design or related degree).
- Portfolio demonstrating impeccable use of design principles including layout, typography, color, human/computer interaction best practices, illustration skills, and taste.
- 1-3 years of experience in an agency or product setting, building digital products/experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design Guidelines.
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision or other comparable design and prototyping tools.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Experience using animation and interaction design technologies like Adobe After Effects and Lottie.
- Ability to design pixel perfect icons and illustrations.
- E-commerce experience.