Sr. Analyst, HEOR Models & Evidence at BHE
BHE is an established research and data analytics company providing custom research services and novel platform solutions. Our mission is to provide actionable insights to support decision making for the life sciences industry, medical groups, and the payer community. Our continued growth has created opportunities at several levels. We are currently accepting applications for a Senior Research Analyst – HEOR Models & Evidence. This unique position requires the technical knowledge of health economic modeling methods and programming techniques/software in an effort to provide high quality research to our clients.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong interest in healthcare, excellent quantitative skills, and hands-on experience developing a variety of simulation models, ranging from simple models aimed at business audiences to complex, dynamic models that forecast the lifetime cost of disease.
The candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills so as to work effectively with internal teams and communicate externally with clients. An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role at BHE. Strong decision-making ability, attention to detail, and effective organizational and multi-tasking skills are equally important.
- Serve as lead analyst on a variety of health economic modeling projects
- Implement programming of high complexity models, using various modeling applications (Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications [VBA], R, TreeAge)
- Conduct quality control checks on model calculations; identify issues with model programming and recommend solutions
- Conduct targeted literature reviews to obtain estimates for model input parameters
- Review and finalize project deliverables and ensure study findings are valid and reliable
- Develop and/or refine model programming standards as well as training materials
- Keep apprised of technical developments in the field and share best practices
- Act as a guide and mentor to junior staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS (only candidates meeting these requirements will be considered)
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) in a relevant field (e.g., economics, epidemiology, mathematics)
- 3+ years of experience with programming simulation or other decision analytic models
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, creative problem solving, and structured communication skills
- Ability to manage own time and proactively identify prioritized tasks for multiple concurrent projects
- Experience communicating with clients
- Focus on attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and work ethic for internal initiatives
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
BHE has been recognized three times on the INC 5000 list of fast-growing small businesses. BHE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with challenging work in a stimulating, collegial environment where everyone is dedicated to delivering the best services and products.