Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers’ needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 53 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Our Master Data Management (MDM) Engineering team is looking to bring on an enthusiastic and passionate software engineer who wants to be part of a collaborative team that is solving our clients most critical problems. Our clients (Healthcare Insurance payers) receive patient and other data from numerous disparate sources. Our MDM team is responsible for mastering this large data (in our data lake platform) that we get from several sources which allows our platform to deliver rich and highly valuable analytics to our client stakeholders. Sounds simple but it isn’t. The problems our MDM team are working on are of complexity and critical to the overall success of the Abacus platform.
You Should Expect to:
- As an early member to a growing team be flexible to work across all tiers of development to help the team predictably deliver against the roadmap for upcoming new features.
- Become an expert in AWS and other cloud service providers (currently we deploy on AWS multi-cloud be in store for the future).
- Help make the deployment process predictably predictable through proactive thinking, persistence, promoting best practices, and cross team collaboration with our technical and non-technical teams.
- Work closely with your team members to see where we can become more efficient and proficient with internal processes.
- Document actions so your findings turn into repeatable actions and knowledge we can share across teams.
- Once on-boarded work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies (Serverless- Lambda, EKS – Kubernetes).
- Want to be mentored but both ways – listen and learn but also teach.
- Own problems end-to-end and be willing to pick up whatever knowledge you’re missing to accomplish what needs to be done.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of REST API design work and development in a CI/CD environment
- Strong understanding of AWS or other Cloud computing platforms (Azure, GCP, etc)
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java, or other OOP languages)
- Solid database knowledge of technologies both relational and non-relational.
- Full-stack development experience with strong UI knowledge/expertise.
- Engineers who have MDM healthcare knowledge
- Development experience in a Microservice environment
- Exposure to Elasticsearch or Solr
- Machine Learning
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.