Software Engineer, Data
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
- Productize machine learning models and build a world-class automated evaluation system to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers
- Design, build, and implement scalable streaming data pipelines and ETL frameworks to increase data access and decrease analysis and decision times across the organization
- Build an open transaction protocol where users can send money and exchange value that utilizes both new and traditional technologies to deliver value the fastest and cheapest way possible
- Leverage blockchain technology in a new transaction framework so that Financial Institutions an exchange value and associated metadata in a compliant manner.
You will also work on:
- Own software throughout the entire development life-cycle
- Share ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better
- Develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Experience writing high quality code in Python plus another OOP language (Java, Scala, C++, Go, etc)
- Experience working with RDBM systems, particularly familiarity with SQL
- 3+ years experience building distributed solutions in Spark, MapReduce or other MPP system with associated data models and datastores (e.g., Redshift, Cassandra, HBase, Parquet)
- Production development of event-based applications using frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or similar
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, continuous deployment pipelines and tools, and AWS technology stack a plus
- Desire to work across internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Debug complex production issues across various levels of the tech stack
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite