As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on ML & AI, you will be blazing the trail for Markforged’s Adaptive Manufacturing platform. Based on Markforged’s web-based slicer and 3D printer management system (Eiger - visit https://www.eiger.io), the Blacksmith project completes the feedback loop between the designer and the actual part produced. Taking real-time measurements via laser, the printers will learn how to print the perfect part, understanding how every printer physically deviates from each other.What will you own?
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Work closely with R&D engineers to perfect print quality across our lineup of devices and materials
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Work with the software engineering team on Machine-learning and AI projects such as Blacksmith while working with electrical, mechanical, and materials engineers
- Build, compile and train machine learning (ML) models; identify and compensate for bias
- Identify strategies to prevent overfitting, including augmentation and dropout
- Implement cutting-edge geometric algorithms that unlock the potential of our 3D printers
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 5+ years experience building and shipping high quality code with strong CS fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in writing Node applications and scaling them to support thousands of users
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems
- Experience building APIs, Services and Scaling Systems
- Significant Experience with Schema Design and Query Optimization with SQL
- Have excellent verbal & written English communication
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn’t come in with as much systems knowledge.