Senior Software Engineer (ML & AI) at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on ML & AI, you will be blazing the trail for Markforged’s Adaptive Manufacturing platform. Based on Markforged’s web-based slicer and 3D printer management system (Eiger - visit https://www.eiger.io), the Blacksmith project completes the feedback loop between the designer and the actual part produced. Taking real-time measurements via laser, the printers will learn how to print the perfect part, understanding how every printer physically deviates from each other.
In this role you will:
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Work closely with R&D engineers to perfect print quality across our lineup of devices and materials
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Work with the software engineering team on Machine-learning and AI projects such as Blacksmith while working with electrical, mechanical, and materials engineers
- Build, compile and train machine learning (ML) models; identify and compensate for bias
- Identify strategies to prevent overfitting, including augmentation and dropout
- Implement cutting-edge geometric algorithms that unlock the potential of our 3D printers
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience building and shipping high quality code with strong CS fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in writing Node applications and scaling them to support thousands of users
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems
- Experience building APIs, Services and Scaling Systems
- Significant Experience with Schema Design and Query Optimization with SQL
- Have excellent verbal & written English communication
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn’t come in with as much systems knowledge.
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. We believe in “doing it right the first time” and investing in code quality, testing, tooling and infrastructure. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across Materials Science, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description