Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering at EverQuote
EverQuote is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering organization. As a senior member of the data engineering team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that data within EverQuote is robustly available and actionable throughout the company. You will do this by helping build the next generation of tools and services that support front-to-back data pipelines. This role is for someone who enjoys working on complex systems, working with a diverse set of business and engineering stakeholders, and is ready to help drive the technical vision of where we go next with our data platform here at EverQuote.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Write exemplary, well-tested code
- Build new and extend existing analytic systems to improve business alignment and performance
- Collaborate with traffic teams and data scientists to develop and automate new and existing traffic acquisition strategies
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code review
- Develop new and maintain existing bidding and campaign management systems
- Design and implement new features for various Python-based services
- 6-8+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, up through deployment and including production support
- Advanced in Python or similar programming language
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with owning applications/services hosted in cloud providers such as Amazon(AWS) or Google (GCP)
- Experience with Hadoop, Airflow, or Snowflake is a plus
- Worked in a microservice based architecture and understand containerized systems such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Excited to work on a team and to share best-practices and mentor junior team members.
- Excited to have a voice and help drive the long term vision of how data is used throughout EverQuote
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.