Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) (Boston or Remote) at BitSight Technologies
BitSight is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) to join our engineering team.
We pride ourselves in building exceptional career opportunities and offering outstanding benefits to our team. We have the enthusiasm of a start-up, a culture driven by industry veterans committed to long-term growth, and the benefits package of a mature industry leader.
BitSight’s data pipeline is the core of our Security Ratings product. We ingest security-related intelligence data from over 100 sources, feed terabytes of data into a proprietary rating algorithm, and deliver ratings for over 500,000 organizations on a daily basis. Built on the highly-scalable AWS ecosystem, our pipeline code base meets the highest standards of reliability and scalability to deliver consistent, actionable, intuitive, and responsive ratings to the customer.
We are looking for developers with a passion for building software to collect, aggregate, and analyze data at scale using continuous, incremental development methodologies. Working with a close-knit team across multiple locations, you will help us architect and evolve the pipeline to support even larger volumes via cloud data warehouses. You will bring actionable security insights to the customer through integrating new data sources, surfacing new features from existing data, and refining the ratings algorithm. Collaborating with data science and research teams, you will build trust with BitSight customers in the quality and integrity of our data.
Apart from domain skills, what we truly value are strong generalists: those with the critical thinking skills to use a variety of technologies and languages and pick up new concepts when needed. Strong collaboration and leadership skills are a must. We offer an opportunity to make a unique impact, not just as an individual but on the entire engineering team.
- 5+ years working with modern Java (version 8 or higher)
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with a team of engineers, designers, and product owners in delivering a product to end users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch
- Experience with NoSQL data warehouses such as AWS Redshift
- Experience with CI/CD and Kubernetes
- Experience working in the IT security domain
- Experience leading teams of 3-5 developers, coaching on following agile best practices