Senior Manager, Demand Planning & Forecasting Analytics at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:26 p.m. (EST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Here at Thrasio we are building one of the largest and most sophisticated data and analytics platforms in e-commerce to not only empower and supercharge our internal teams with data-driven insights but to develop unique capabilities that provide Thrasio a competitive advantage and help us further scale.
If you are passionate about the power of data and analytics to deliver a long-lasting impact and want to help empower one of our most critical business functions, then this is the role for you.
You will partner with senior leaders across the organization to help stand up our next generation demand planning function and improve the accuracy of our current forecasting methodology. You will have an impact on the profit/ revenue trade offs within our inventory and supply chain decision making.
As a leader in the demand planning space, you will work with our executive team to understand their most pressing and high value needs, build a team of analysts to manage our inventory levels, and help craft the long term vision of our cross functional teams filled with data engineers, data analysts and data scientists.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually improve our demand forecasts through retraining models and back testing
- Build and socialize metrics to track our accuracy and identify weaknesses in our current process
- Use various business levers (price, promotions, marketing) to manage inventory levels while maximizing profitability
- Proactively monitor inventory levels to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve
- Build tools for planners and brand managers to interact and adjust the forecasts and feed those adjustments back into our models
- Communicate your vision, roadmap and priorities to the senior leadership team and drive alignment with relevant business leaders on top priorities and the business value for major initiatives
- Act as a valuable thought partner to key leaders and help shape and influence their business objectives, measures of success, and priorities
- Determine the complexion of resources needed short-term and longer-term to execute on your roadmap across engineering, data science, and analytics and work with leaders in those areas to build dedicated teams to execute your vision
- Build a team of high performing analysts and thoughtfully divide and allocate the roadmap across them
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE PARTY
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior levels, developing an analytics roadmap, and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve high impact results
- 3+ year in demand planning and forecasting (Ph.d in economics a plus but not required)
- Experience building time series forecasting models leveraging machine learning, statistical, econometric, and/or hybrid models
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders
- Experience with SQL or a structured programming language (aggregate functions, query optimization, stored procedures, string parsing, Vertica/Hive/Presto/Spark, etc.), is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative, Physics, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in SQL/Python to build curated data marts and perform ad hoc data analyses on large structured/semi structured datasets
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.