Senior Manager Data Warehouse at Toast
Senior Manager, Data Warehouse
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Senior Manager, Data Warehouse will play an integral role in our budding Business Intelligence team. This person will lead a team of data engineers and help deliver a data platform for self service analysis throughout the organization. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic candidate with experience managing top performers and working in cloud-based BI stacks who isn’t afraid to dive into data and get their hands dirty from time to time.
About this Roll*:
- Own our BI pipelines (Stitch, s3, Snowflake, Airflow) with a focus scalability, reliability, cost efficiency and performance
- Manage and prioritize bandwidth while balancing short and long term objectives using an Agile methodology
- Proactively identify areas outside the regular stream of business requests where the team can add value
- Oversee complex data modeling, management, enhancement, maintenance, and QA around all aspects of the business including credit card processing, sales pipeline, product data from our restaurant customers (billions of rows), and more
- Develop pipelines to support exciting new business pillars such as Employee Cloud, Toast Capital and the Toast Takeout App
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to produce alignment in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Product, and Executives
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a quantitative field; 6+ years experience in BI, Data Engineering or Data Warehousing
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring high performing teams - your success is their success
- SQL expert; Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc) exposure preferred
- A highly quantitative problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data and can confidently communicate their findings to stakeholders in different departments
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company
- Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, Azure, BigQuery or RedShift
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Periscope, Mode, SiSence, etc
- Experience with dataops tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes, SageMaker, etc
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce
- Experience working in an Agile environment