Senior Data Scientist at Humana Studio_h
Humana’s Data Health and Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist.
The Senior Data Scientist collaborates with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. Researches and evaluates new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develops and validates machine learning models and tools. Interprets and communicates analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
First year success factors:
- Develop machine learning, AI, and Deep Learning solutions to support our key business partners within Humana EDGE start-up to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life
- The solutions developed will provide measureable value to our key business partners in the form of improved member experience, increase in efficiency (time and computationally), and return on investment.
- You are recognized as a team member who helps drive results for both the Analytics organization as well as our business partners.
- You have developed effective partnerships with internal business partners and coworkers.
- Master's Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience leveraging large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insight
- Experience developing and validating machine learning models and tools
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or PySpark and libraries such as Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras and Spark ML
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Experience driving resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who is able to work independently
- Ph. D degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- Healthcare or managed care experience
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
This role will be based in Boston at Humana's new office - Studio H, located at 281 Summer Street in the Seaport District. At Humana Studio H, we offer the expansive data and technology architecture needed to get things done. We’re harnessing the power and potential of predictive modeling, artificial intelligence and machine learning to revolutionize—and forever impact—the way healthcare is delivered.