Senior Data Scientist at Humana Studio_h
Humana Insurance Company is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for its Boston, MA location. The Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Additional Job Description:
- Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, or predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers
- Work directly with customers to educate them on “moving beyond BI” and training their internal resources to execute advanced forms of analytics
- Create reusable implementations of statistical tests and models using the available technologies in the ecosystem
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on large databases
- Generate new product requirements for the engineering group to enhance the analytics capabilities of the database
- Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
- Use machine learning techniques to assess outcomes of interventions, clinical programs or marketing campaigns
- Build ‘smart’ systems that learn from health intervention outcomes over time
Must have Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related quantitative field with three years of related experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related quantitative field with five years of progressively responsible, post-bachelor's related experience.
Required experience must include three years (or 5 with a Bachelor’s degree) in the following areas:
- Working with and analyzing various types of data using R, SQL or SAS.
Required experience must also include 2 years of experience (regardless of degree) in the following areas:
- Using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions; and
- Developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting.