Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Platform as a Service
The Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist uses advanced modeling techniques to help teams across Humana to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions.
The Analytics Platform as a Service (APaaS) Senior Data Scientist has a strong intuitive grasp of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as well as core product skills (strategy, roadmaps, prioritization, etc.). The Senior Data Scientists pushes forward the strategic development of applications for machine learning by understanding Humana’s corporate strategy and our customer’s core needs and prioritizing AI investments accordingly. The Senior Data Scientist executes the necessary AI/ML-driven initiatives necessary to deliver a complete solution to a stated business problem.
- Drives key initiatives & deliverables in data science application development & deployment in cloud-based environments.
- Acts as an “external facing” business partner whose combined expertise in technology and AI enable the development of custom APaaS solutions that meet key business customer needs
- Partners with project and product managers to assemble a cross-functional team of data scientists and technology experts to design and deliver an AI solution to meet a business need
- Partners with project and product managers to monitor the business impacts of advanced analytics deliverables, implementing changes as/when appropriate, to continuously improve reliability and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science) and 5+ years’ experience or Master’s degree in a similar program and 3+ years’ experience
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and diverse, cross-functional teams/organizations to develop appropriate requirements, scope and delivery timeframes, driving on-time execution
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical analysis packages like Python and R
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning models
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to deliver high-quality work in a structured, disciplined and time-conscious manner
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in both strategic and tactical environments, accommodating for global-level needs
- Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science)
- Data Robot experience
- Azure (ML and AI) experience
- Experience analyzing, designing and implementing large scale business and performance management solutions
- Ability to leverage technology (e.g. SQL) to extract and manipulate data
This role will be located in Boston or Louisville. Alternative work arrangements (telecommute, WAH, etc) could be considered for the right candidate.