Senior Data Science Manager
TripAdvisor is looking for a Senior Data Science Manager to lead and grow a team of data scientists as part of its Experiences and Rentals business. As a Senior Data Science Manager, you will lead a team of junior and senior members on applying machine learning to solve complex business problems. This is highly technical role that requires hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistical techniques. You will be expected to provide technical guidance to the team and help develop their skills.
We are looking for someone who can work independently and autonomously, drive their own initiatives, and is able to identify new opportunities where the skillset of the team will have the most impact. This role requires an excellent communicator, who will actively participate in technical discussions within data science and engineering, but is also able to relate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead and grow a team of high-performing data scientists.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members, and grow the skills of the team.
- Identify opportunities where machine learning can be used to positively impact the organization.
- Guide the design of models and architectures, and cultivate engineering best practices.
- Manage and prioritize projects across the team; allocate resources to best meet business objectives.
- Drive an independent agenda and establish a team vision and strategy.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field (PhD preferred).
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistics with extensive experience in applying it to the real world.
- Organized and with excellent project management skills.
- Minimum 5 years of management and/or leadership experience.
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science or related field.