Senior Data Science and Engineering Lead at GreatHorn
- 8+ years of SW development building highly available enterprise systems
- 4+ years in data science/engineering in cloud native environment; ideally AWS
- Previous, demonstrable, self-starter/entrepreneurial experience
- 4+ years of working with data science/engineering tools such as Spark, Python, Scala, R, J, Athena, Redshift, Tensorflow, Redshift, Hadoop, etc.
This is an opportunity for a skilled, entrepreneurial and thoughtful data scientist/engineer who is capable of working both independently and collaboratively on next generation PoCs and products. You will ideate, design, and develop applications, services and features from ground up. You will help transform complex analytical models into scalable, production-ready solutions for GreatHorn. You will work directly with Product Owners, the CTO, the VP of Engineering, and key customers to deliver data products which help our customers understand and act on the forces at work in their enterprise.
You will work alongside a team of highly creative and talented software engineers who are building a cloud-native, industry-leading, next generation email security platform. Help us beat bad actors and make a difference to millions of users.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Ability to rapidly grasp new technologies
- Break down data issues and resolve them in order to showcase the value and efficacy of GreatHorn’s security platform to its customers and partners
- Design and build robust analytical systems with an eye to long term utilization as well as time to market
- Stack: Python 3.x, React, Material MVC, SQL and noSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Casandra, Kafka, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, as well as tools like the ones described above for ML, AI and analytics in general
- Bonus: Cybersecurity and startup experience
You will be joining a highly talented team made up of security start-up experts who care deeply about their customers. This team is passionate about safeguarding the mission critical communication capabilities of businesses globally. We are fanatically driven to make one of the most basic communication modalities, email, safe and secure to use in a world which is not only constantly evolving, but which is constantly under attack with phishing attempts, identity theft, ransomware, and more.
We are a “work family”. As such, we are highly selective as to who we ask to join. However, if we mutually agree that it makes sense, you will be joining a highly collaborative, supportive, skilled, thoughtful, and intellectually curious group of people who are focused on making GreatHorn a great place to work!
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, vision, and dental insurance, a matched 401k, unlimited vacation time, a fully stocked kitchen, and weekly catered team lunches.
GreatHorn is disrupting the email security industry to better protect organizations against advanced email threats through modern data analytics, machine learning, and cloud-native design. Our execution of this mission has driven triple-digit growth for three years in a row, and we’re poised to accelerate that growth in the coming year.
Run by a team of cybersecurity veterans with a track record of success, we solve a pervasive problem with smart technology, employ clever people with common sense from diverse backgrounds, and adhere to a “No A**holes” policy. If that sounds like a place you’d fit in, we hope you’ll come join us!
We believe strongly in diversity, and seek to recognize, develop, and support talent from all backgrounds.