Senior Data Reliability Engineer at Everbridge
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
*This role can be based anywhere in the United States.
Are you motivated by an incredible sense of purpose in doing work that helps keep people safe and business running daily, with results that regularly make headlines? Are you passionate about innovating on the industry’s cutting edge to develop solid architecture principles, operability guidelines, progressive scaling methodologies, and other sophisticated techniques to reliably operate critical technology infrastructure at scale?
Do you have an insatiable appetite for streamlining out inefficiency, automating away toil, and proactively eliminating problems before they occur in the first place? If so, this position is a perfect opportunity for you to join the Everbridge Database Reliability Engineering team in a hands-on role driving the design, implementation, and operation of our global platforms.
Who we are:
- As the Everbridge Database Reliability Engineering team, we are responsible for ensuring overall service quality and availability of Everbridge's solutions. The technology platforms that we support automate the international delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. We are a 24x7x365 distributed team that can do our job anytime, anywhere on the planet with an Internet connection. We are dedicated, passionate people who are committed to internal/external customer service and doing the right thing.
What you'll be doing:
- Own operational availability, security, performance, scalability, efficiency, monitoring, instrumentation, integrity, and overall service reliability of Everbridge's data tier.
- Collaborate across Agile teams with Architects, Developers, Quality, Security, and other Operations engineers on designing and implementing highly reliable data solutions.
- Develop and enhance our automated tooling and the processes that extend operability and self-service of our data-tier.
- Embrace Database Reliability Engineering principles of proactivity, automation, cross-functional collaboration, data-driven decision making, and fast+safe failing to continually improve our technology and culture.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot and resolve production escalations from our 24x7x365 NOC.
- Have fun while we work hard to make a difference.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in production database and site reliability, database administration, devops or SaaS Technical Operations
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and/or Elasticsearch
- 3+ years of experience with relational database administration (MySQL and PostgreSQL preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with automation and orchestration tools (SALT and Terraform preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with coding in at least programming language (Python, Perl, Java, Go, etc.)
- 1+ years of Experience using GIT
- US Citizenship required
- You have experience with any of the following: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and AWS RDS
- You've done DBMS performance tuning and scaling
- You have exposure to database health monitoring, auditing, alerting, and diagnostics
- You've worked with Relational schema design and data modeling
- You have NoSQL schema design with a focus on document oriented databases.
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read Full Job Description