Senior Data Reliability Engineer
Who we are:
- As the Everbridge Database Reliability Engineering team, we are responsible for ensuring overall service quality and availability of Everbridge's solutions. The technology platforms that we support automate the international delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. We are a 24x7x365 distributed team that can do our job anytime, anywhere on the planet with an Internet connection. We are dedicated, passionate people who are committed to internal/external customer service and doing the right thing.
What you'll be doing:
- Own operational availability, security, performance, scalability, efficiency, monitoring, instrumentation, integrity, and overall service reliability of Everbridge's data tier.
- Collaborate across Agile teams with Architects, Developers, Quality, Security, and other Operations engineers on designing and implementing highly reliable data solutions.
- Develop and enhance our automated tooling and the processes that extend operability and self-service of our data-tier.
- Embrace Database Reliability Engineering principles of proactivity, automation, cross-functional collaboration, data-driven decision making, and fast+safe failing to continually improve our technology and culture.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot and resolve production escalations from our 24x7x365 NOC.
- Have fun while we work hard to make a difference.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in production database and site reliability, database administration, devops or SaaS Technical Operations
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka and/or Elasticsearch
- 3+ years of experience with relational database administration (MySQL and PostgreSQL preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with automation and orchestration tools (SALT and Terraform preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with coding in at least programming language (Python, Perl, Java, Go, etc.)
- 1+ years of Experience using GIT
- US Citizenship required
- You have experience with any of the following: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and AWS RDS
- You've done DBMS performance tuning and scaling
- You have exposure to database health monitoring, auditing, alerting, and diagnostics
- You've worked with Relational schema design and data modeling
- You have NoSQL schema design with a focus on document oriented databases.