Digital Therapeutics is creating innovative user journeys spanning patients, caregivers, and health care providers, thus providing unique opportunities for data-fueled products and features that will transform the way medicine is delivered. Akili is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to plug our rich user-experience data at scale into operational and analytical workflows across the company.
- Technical ownership of diverse data pipelines, driving design, documentation, and implementation to meet stakeholder needs
- Ensuring robust integration between internal pipelines and systems, as well as external data sources
- Managing computing/storage resources and third-party tooling, to balance performance and cost (both person-time and money)
- Safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of user data
- 5+ years as a software engineer, 2+ years specifically in data engineering
- Expert-level SQL, high proficiency with Python (especially the Pandas/NumPy data stack)
- Experience with AWS services like Glue, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, SageMaker, EMR, Step Functions
- Experience with data retrieval via REST/SOAP APIs, and transformation to/from standard data formats (JSON, CSV, XML, Parquet, Protobuf)
- Familiarity with data visualization and exploration tools (Tableau, Looker, QuickSight)
- Bonus: DevOps chops, productionization of ML models
At Akili Interactive, our mission is to ignite new hope for those living with cognitive impairment. We’re bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. We are out to prove that effective medicine for serious illnesses can also be fun and engaging.
Our flagship product, EndeavorRx, is the first ever FDA-cleared prescription treatment delivered through a video game to treat children living with ADHD. This is only the beginning, as we continue to boldly challenge the status quo of today’s medicine.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.