Senior Compensation Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Join our team and help us build and manage world class compensation programs! Working closely with the People Team and cross-functionally, the Senior Compensation Analyst will play a key role in developing and administering Toast’s base salary, incentive and equity programs. The ideal candidate will have solid compensation analytical skills coupled with a desire to collaborate on the development of effective compensation programs and solutions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team and cross-functionally on a variety of projects involving compensation program design, analysis, budgeting, program implementation and communication.
- Administer compensation planning cycles including salary review and bonus cycles. Prepare information for annual compensation budget forecasting, including research and development of annual salary increase rates by country. Collaborate cross-functionally to create planning calendars, prepare and test systems, and develop communication materials for compensation planning cycles.
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team and cross-functionally to develop effective compensation communications, ensuring Toasters understand Toast’s compensation philosophy and programs.
- Apply compensation analytics to determine pay ranges and other compensation proposals and solution. Collaborate with the Compensation Team to develop compensation program guidelines and structures that support Toast’s business needs and culture.
- Manage survey provider relationships and survey administration. Administer systems that track survey data matches and ensure survey data is organized and submitted on time. Participate in special surveys, participate in interpretation of results, and share survey findings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team to develop and manage effective incentive compensation programs including bonus and sales incentive plan. Participate in program administration and communication.
- Administer Toast’s job profiles in Workday. Provide guidance to users on job profile selection and establish new job profiles, as needed. Organize and manage Toast’s job library and associated job-related compensation information.
- Manage compensation data organization, maintenance and use, including oversight for market data aggregation applications. Collaborate to ensure compensation data interfaces and cross-system processes operate effectively.
- Work with the Compensation Team and Legal to ensure compliance with all compensation regulatory requirements including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and pay equity laws.
- Partner with leadership to ensure all compensation programs operate in alignment with Toast’s culture and business strategy.
- Collaborate with the People Team, leadership, managers, and employees on compensation-related matters. Respond to compensation questions from employees.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a focus in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Finance preferred.
- Three to five years of directly related experience, including compensation analysis and administration of compensation programs. Experience working in a multinational organization and/or in a technology industry, a plus.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data using a variety of systems and applications. Experience using Radford surveys and MarketPay a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- In-depth understanding of regulations and requirements under FLSA, multi-state pay equity laws, and other areas of compensation compliance.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within teams.
- CCP, GRP, CSCP certification a plus.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required