Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
At Humana's Edge we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life. The Edge is a business within Humana that exists to help seniors live life on their terms and unlock every senior's potential. We know seniors are focused on achieving their personal goals - staying active, dancing at their daughter's wedding, playing with their grandchild. But sometimes, their health concerns get in the way. By designing and executing on a new integrated operating model, the Edge can deliver an experience that helps seniors stay independent and in control of their lives.
The Analytics team within the Product & Experience organization drives the “Analytics as a product” strategy. The Business Intelligence Lead or Sr. Business intelligence engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Lead or senior business intelligence engineer works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. You are responsible for defining the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments, with minimal supervision.
- Own short and long-term roadmap for business intelligence at Humana Edge
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Create buy-in for the business intelligence approach, both internally and with key external partners
- Support implementation of senior level strategic initiatives
- Create and present project status updates, financial impacts, etc. to senior level executives
- Manage and support leader with multiple high priority projects
- Lead cross-functional initiatives
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience
- 2 or more years of project leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience with tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations is a must
- 4+ years of expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors
- Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle tools such as Aha!, ProductBoard, Monday, Trello, Balsamiq Mockups, Jira, Google analytics and/or A/B Testing tools.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and translate requirements between business, project management and technical projects or programs
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data, especially payer operations data
- Proficiency in verbal/written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced in SQL, Power BI, Tableau and other data/visualizing systems