Senior Assortment Analyst at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
The Senior Assortment Analyst will be the critical lynchpin between the e-merchandising team and the brand category leadership for the optimal online assortment in all key categories across brands. This role will consult with brand merchandising leadership on the right product mix and assortment related to what their customer cares about most and ensure that this is supported by data. The role will utilize tools and science to arrive at assortment decisions that are optimal for the online customer – both click and collect as well as home delivery.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Assists in the development of the fact-set around customer needs in the area of assortment - utilizing different sources of information, helping form the conclusion and building the story.
- Supports the development of a common definition of "optimal assortment" both for pick-up and delivery customer options.
- Helps develop the science and tooling necessary to bring-forth recommendations by category and by sub-cat.
- Working alongside ASUSA brand merchants to build optimal assortment recommendations for each of the brick distribution points - pickup and delivery.
- Measuring the results of category reset work and responsible for sharing those results/learning with the merchant leads from ADUSA for continuous improvement.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 3 years of experience in retail or e-commerce, focusing on merchandising assortment and planning/analysis
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Background in business intelligence tools and digital content management
- Experience working on multiple categories, using facts, to determine best assortment that exceeds customer expectations.
- Aptitude to assess and analyze internal & external data points & insights, managing, facilitate & deliver focused opportunity targets and vendor negotiation opportunity
- Analytically minded with strong logic and organizational skills
- Technical aptitude – ability to pull, organize and prioritize data.