Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics to enable the data-driven growth of the Sales organization for the Hotels Solutions business, a series of paid offerings for Hotels that help them make their businesses more successful. Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability and believe that data analysis is the best way to make intelligent business decisions to drive more revenue profitably. You also believe that Sales Analytics guides a business’s growth roadmap and is much more than just “running the numbers” or supplying reports to teams.
As the Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics you will be working on highly-visible projects to enable TripAdvisor’s Hotel Solutions Analytics products. You’ll be critical in ensuring the Sales teams have best-in-class Analytics tools and data at their disposal, from the rep all the way up to Sales Leadership. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen and strong communication skills, as you’ll interface daily across our sales, marketing, engineering, accounting, and customer service departments.
What You Will Do:
- You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in Sales Productivity and revenue through regular analysis of performance metrics.
- You’ll own projects end to end from “concept” through post deployment training and support
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system and process changes across multiple internal business organizations (e.g. fix it upstream vs. custom building in Analytics)
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting
- Assist with ad hoc queries
- Own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the Dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Work with other Power Users to modify existing Analytics products to increase benefits and usability, and monitor and improve data quality
- Support User assistance, training, adoption, and satisfaction
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of Sales Analytics or Marketing Analytics experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Sales Leaders or Marketing Leaders across multiple customer segments (Inside Sales, Enterprise Sales, etc.), Marketing Leaders a plus
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools)
- Expertise in SQL and working with databases. Amazon Redshift PostgreSQL, Snowflake desirable
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo. You will drive your own career progression.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
Bonus Points if you:
- Have experience with Enterprise and Commercial Sales organizations and their use of Sales systems
- Have experience in Media, especially in digital publishing
- Have experience with Salesforce, Zuora, ORMB, and ExactTarget
- Have experience working for B2B SaaS company